my house: front porch

My front porch has finally gotten some attention this year, after being long neglected. There is no before picture here, because there really was no before! It was truly a blank slate—I mean it was completely empty. Now I love it, loooove it. It's finally a place I don't mind spending a little time with a cool drink after gardening or with a good book on a breezy afternoon.


Nothing matches here, and that's just how I like it. For such a casual space, a relaxed, unstudied feel just works. I like the play of warm and cool with the warmth of the coral cushion color against coolness of the blue pillow, which is picked up again in the gray-blue painted floor. Lots of neutrals, from tans to browns to copper, in varying textures ground the space, and a few standout patterns add to the interest.

Here's how it came together:
*Wicker settee and coral seat cushion from Pier 1
*Courtyard outdoor rug from csnrugs (free thanks to Cottage and Vine's great giveaway! Thank you, Rene and CSN!)
*Woven stool from Target (on clearance, sold out online, might find in store)
*Copper planter from Target (same here, big clearance sale, check stores)

Hope you all get to enjoy some quality porch-sitting time this summer. How did your outdoor spaces come together? What have you done to perk them up? What do you still want to do?

5 comments

michelle said...

It looks like a great little place to relax! I love the coral seat cushion. Nice job!

Erica @ Decorica said...

Cute! The settee looks like the perfect size to curl up in for a while.

Fran said...

Casey, it looks great! A perfect place to just sit back and relax! Bravo!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

The porch looks great! I was just looking at the pottery barn pillow online today. I love the little woven table too. Our clearance stuff went fast!

René said...

Oh I love it Casey! All of it! I'm so glad you won the rug and that was the perfect choice for your porch.

-Rene