my house at christmastime

Just 9 days til Christmas and the decorations are finally up! I've been busy, outdoors and in and I'm ready to take you on a tour. First, from the street, festive greens fill the window boxes...



I borrowed the burlap ribbon idea from Terrain {see inspiration here} and used it on the front door with a simple balsam wreath dressed up with a little boxwood.


I actually "made" my own burlap ribbon, instead of buying it, by cutting up the burlap I use to wrap my delicate plants outdoors.


The foyer's a little dark, so I hope you can see my little branch "tree" I sprayed silver and hung with some sparkly snowflakes. 


I kept this bay window area simple with some sprays of boxwood hung with pretty sage silk ribbon.


The chair also got my favorite embroidered wool Anthropologie pillow, which adds a little festive touch, not to mention contrast and brightness, to this space.




The other side of the room needed a little sparkle. It's kind of like my stand-in mantel.


 Notice I turned all my books in the credenza around a la this bookcase?
Finally, my mini skinny faux tree. I love a real tree—the trek to cut it down, the look and feel, the scent it brings to the house—but a few years ago when my tree stand broke and the stores were out of new ones, I gave up and got this. And I have to say, I like the way it looks. It's certainly easier to care for (and clean up after). I just had to invest in a balsam candle so I can have that real tree smell in my house!


A closeup for you—decorations are simple light green, gold, silver, and bronze balls, snowflakes, and tiny birds, which I adore! The tree topper is more of the green ribbon I used on the boxwood sprays.


Another spray hangs from my bedroom mirror. I've started an amaryllis bulb and wish it would grow faster!


Finally, I just had to hang some white lights from my canopy bed {inspiration here}. So dreamy!

12 comments

René said...

Where do I begin? Your home looks beautiful! I always love your natural style. Don't you love burlap to hang wreaths? Cheap & easy, that's me - er, um my decor I mean :)

-Rene

Unknown said...

your decorations are beautiful, natural and perfectly styled. I love the simplicity of them and your use of lights with metallics. So lovely! A very merry Christmas at your house this year, indeed!

Fran said...

Casey, your home is really beautiful and festive!! I love how your tree sits in an urn - so classy! I also like how you displayed your swag by hanging it on your mirror!! Just beautiful!

Kate said...

Case,
So warm and inviting.....love all your festive touches. Very you and very beautiful without being over the top!

Julie said...

LOVE the burlap hanging the wreaths!

Ms. Bake-it said...

Your home looks lovely Casey! I love the simplicity and naturalness of your decorations.

~ Tracy

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

I adore that tree! How much easier that is. Your home looks great.

Shannon @ Project Shannon said...

I love your front door - and the way you decked out the mirror! Nice job using simple, but lovely materials!

Rebecca Gibbs said...

Your home is just completely lovely! i love the use of burlap and stciks... and i love your pillows! Merry Christmas!

René said...

Dropping back in to say thank you for joining the party Casey. And by the way, your front door is very cool. Just curious, do you have a basket or something to catch your mail? Ours goes on the floor.

-Rene

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Very pretty! I love the burlap ribbon. It looks great with your wreath. I have a fake tree too and I just light my Christmas tree candles for the scent. :)

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Everything looks so pretty! Love your front door.