buying good

Here are some things I'm really loving right now that make me happy every time I use them and do good for the environment. (Wait, maybe they make me so happy because they do good for the environment.) I'm a firm believer that if you have a choice between the old stuff and the new, natural, eco-friendly stuff, you should without hesitation choose the latter. The world, collectively, thanks you. I assure you you'll feel pretty good about spending your money, when you have to spend money, doing it this way too.


You should not be going out and buying a new travel tumbler every week, but when it does need replacing (my old one lasted a year, and it was in pretty bad shape at the end; I'm pretty sure there was some bacteria lodged there that could not be scrubbed out) isn't it nice to know that the one you're buying was made completely from recycled materials? And that when you're done with it, you can recycle it again? That is peace of mind.




I have always been a fan of Neutrogena products and now they have a new line called Naturals that goes one step beyond taking away everything you don't want in a product you put on your face twice a day. Yes, it's free of chemical sulfates, parabens, phthalates, and dyes. But it also gives you everything you do want. The Fresh Cleansing and Makeup Remover is a revelation. It's a rich and creamy formula that 1. feels like it costs a fortune and 2. left my skin glowing and soft, without a trace of residue. Oh, and as if that weren't enough, and it totally is, the smell is beyond incredible! Like a vacation. And who doesn't need that?

Have you found any natural products lately that you are dying to spread the word about?

3 comments

Anonymous said...

I applaude your desire to buy eco friendly products- - will check out that insulated mug for SURE! However, I wish you had noted that Neutrogena is made by Johnson&Johnson who CONTINUE to test on animals. Its not eco conscience in my mind to test lotion on bunnies, chimps, rats and mice when there are literally THOUSANDS of other methods or proven ingrediants that no longer require this horrific testing. I have boycotting all J&J companies even though I used to love a lot of the Neutrogena products. I would encourage you to let your readers know that by buying this product they are buying a product that is tested on animals. Thanks!
Ava.whalen@hotmail.com

Ashley said...

I've been a committed Klean Kanteen carrier for a few years now, and definitely loved seeing the plastic recycling dwindle now that I've eliminated plastic water bottles. I applaud your commitment!

casey at loft and cottage said...

Thanks for your comment, Ava. I was not aware of Neutrogena's parent company but I do know that for this line at least they do NOT test on animals. {See question and answer section on their site.} If we avoid those products that are tested on animals, and support those that aren't, to me I think that is sending a message and companies will get it, and more and more are starting to get it!