stair walls painted

I spent most of yesterday painting my stairway walls. The green is a little bolder than I wanted, but I guess that's what I get for not testing paint colors in my own house. Bad designer! The color in the image below is a little lighter and more sage than how it really looks in person. It's more lime-y and chartruese-y in real life!


But really, I'm so relieved to have started and made lots of progress here. A project in process (about halfway done I think!) is a very good thing.

Next up:
1. Touch up ceiling and handrail.
2. Sand and paint stairs and base molding.
3. Order runner and install!

And by the way, the color is Benjamin Moore Castleton Mist. Here's one room where the color looks right—and looks fabulous!

hal williamson via house beautiful

6 comments

Ispirato Design said...

I've seen this color in action... it's a great color for a stairwell where you need a little brightness! Sweet progress-good job!

René said...

Here's to progress! That is a tough space to paint which explains why I haven't done mine yet. I can't wait for the runner!

The Vintique Object said...

You've been very busy -- good for you for getting all of that work done in one day! I love green. Love, love it!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I've had that color in my family room for 6 years. Looks amazing with pink! Wish I were starting my own paint projects - no time!

Kate said...

Wow, Case, great job!! I think the green is fabulous and am looking forward to seeing the final product!

designchic said...

Such a pretty color...love it!!